Aviation images

In Reach of The Skies: Aviation related stories from a life long enthusiast

Thursday 10 November 2022

LAHC Bolingbroke

The Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre at East Kirkby recently announced that they had acquired a significant collection of Bristol Bolingbroke parts, the Canadian equivalent of the Bristol Blenheim. They also confirmed that the intention was to restore it to ground running condition although I am not sure over what period. As I was at EK I was interested to see what there was of the project. The worrying thing was to find the fuselage split in two and placed in the same hut as the Hampden project. I appreciate that the Hampden stalled when sadly the chap doing it died but really nothing much seems to have happened in 25 years. With the Lanc an ongoing project for a good while yet I wonder where the Bolingbroke fits in to their plans. Anyway, this is what I saw, including a couple of the Hampden.

1 comment:

  1. Since my visit even more significant Bolingbroke sections have arrived at LAHC but they have also announced that significant progress on the project will be made once the Lanc is finished. Therefore I expect not much to change in this display for quite some while.

    ReplyDelete