Aviation images

In Reach of The Skies: Aviation related stories from a life long enthusiast

Tuesday 13 September 2022

Duxford Battle of Britain show pt 2

The flying display at Duxford actually started with two minutes silence for the late Queen. The well known NHS Spitfire had taken off a few minutes before and the silence was called for and superbly adhered to. All we could here was the merlin of the Spitfire rumbling behind the crowd line as the Spitfire orbited in the distance. As the silenced ended the Spitfire dived down over the super hangar, pulled up in to a victory roll and departed over the American hangar. A very poignant moment I thought. The Spit then came back and displayed, starting off the show proper which, apart from the cloud burst disrupted finale was very slick. Here are a few shots of the day.


4 comments:

  1. Wow very cool captures, I love watching planes fly they are amazing love the photo with the two bi planes flying close to each other I wish we had air shows here I remember going to them when I was growing up Thanks for sharing these captures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom. I guess we are fairly lucky here with the shows that can be done just as a a day out.

      Delete
  2. Hi Peter.

    Thought the Gladiator shot is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the biplanes for me!

    ReplyDelete