Aviation images

In Reach of The Skies: Aviation related stories from a life long enthusiast

Monday 16 May 2022

The Point of No Return!

 I have kept tabs on this for a while but it's no longer what the original idea was suggesting. Back in 2012 we headed over to the Canadian Warplane Heritage museum in Hamilton for their warbird air show. It was the first time that I saw the airworthy Canadian Lancaster, which ultimately led me to my flight in the aircraft two years later, and I finally got to see B-29 Fifi in the flesh and in the air. There were other superb aircraft as well so when the CWH announced some while ago that they proposed a 50th anniversary air show this year I was all ears. However, Covid and other issues seem to have put paid to the original plans and the event has been scaled back to what they call an 'intimate ramp event'. Whilst some interesting aircraft will be present it is no longer even confirmed that there will be any flying and certainly it will not be the air show that original plans proposed. So, on that basis, I can't justify the cost of a trip over the ocean. Another time another show maybe.

Meanwhile here's a few shots from 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment